WE HAVE UPDATED!!!

CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!!!

www.paisleycakes.com


Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Something Borrowed, Something Blue

This cake was done for a Special cake decorating contest at the Eastern Idaho State Fair. The theme for the cake was "Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue, and a sixpence in her shoe."


The design is an original design by me, and was fun to put together. The flowers on the cake are handmade out of gumpaste, which is a sugar based modeling compound which dries hard, making the decorations edible. The round blue medialions are Cameos, and are dusted with edible chalk.
I really enjoyed making this cake, it was alot of work, but it was worth it. The experience was worth it. I love to design special cakes for people.

0 comments:

Welcome to Cakes On Call!

Hello everyone and welcome to my website. I hope that you will find what you are looking for.

To navigate this blog, click on the labels to the right. New pictures are added often. If you have any questions, comments or orders, please feel free to contact me.

~Lanae